Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Regaining Health

So I have been sick for the past 6 days. And it wasnt the type of sit on the couch and watch daytime tv and knit kind of sick it was the lay in bed with a fever and sleep kind. UGH. Today was a day of surprises though. Firstly I woke up feeling 1000% better with only a little cough. Secondly IT SNOWED!! (does happy snow dance) So I've just been curled up knitting contently all day.

In other news I learned how to do magic loop knitting. I don't know why I never learned but if I had known it was so damned easy I would have started years ago. I've ben cruising away on Garett's fingerless mitts. I'm about 3/4 of the way through both of then. I, as always, am knitting them both at the same time because i know I will succumb to the dreaded Second (Anything) Syndrome.



I cant get any very good pictures because the day is so gray and dreary but I'll leave you with the gift FOs pictures I took the other day.

My mom specifically requested hand towels for Christmas. I think this is the first time I've ever knit her something. She isnt a knitwear kind of person. I really enjoy knitting with cotton, something id never tried until recently. I love the way this towel turned out. I plan on knitting her a few more before christmas.



Hannah had baby Charlie Calyx Kai on November 3rd! I'm 99% done with his sweater. I just have to add the button and loop. Its really cute but it sits kind of funny. I think maybe my gauge changed halfway through. Oh well im sure it wont matter much to him.



I'm also working on some leggings for him but I dont have pictures of those yet. I had a hard time getting a decent picture of this. Hopefully I'll be able to take a better one with Charlie wearing it.

Happy Thanksgiving all you sweets!

No comments: